WHEN I WAS A CHILD, I WANTED TO BE AN INVENTOR.
I'm happiest when I'm solving problems, and that's why I chose to earn my degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Since then, I've continued to specialize in sustainable product design. Environmental sustainability is my passion, and I'm interested in working with researchers and entrepreneurs and industry to solve humanity's largest problems by leveraging cutting edge technologies. Through my work as a product design consulant, I have gained many years of experience in prototyping, concept design, microfluidics, project management, and industrial energy efficiency.
I live in Vancouver, BC, and I love hiking, drawing comics, travelling, riding bikes and skiing. I hope you'll join me on my continued adventures in sustainable awesomeness!
Since 2012, I've been a Mechanical Product Design Engineer for a design consulting firm.
In the past few years I've...
- Led multiple cutting-edge research projects on microfluidic behaviour for fuel cells, including the design of several test rigs, test pieces and test procedures.
- Created a laser-cut and 3D printed internet-of-things device that reacts live to tweets.
- Prototyped a smartphone-enabled blood pressure monitor.
- Prototyped a skype enabled telepresence robot that uses resonant wireless power transfer technology to recharge.
- Designed a LittleBit-powered mechanism to be displayed at the store at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA - New York).
- Created a calculator to select an optimal motor for an electric bike.
- Researched power-harvesting technologies to enable remote power monitoring stations.
- Researched advanced automated greenhouse technologies and cohousing communities currently operating worldwide.
- Parametric Solid Modeling - Primarily in Solidworks (4+ years), but also in Inventor and Rhino
- Design for Manufacturing - Detailed drawings for manufacture, and liaising with overseas suppliers for CNC machining, vacuum casting, injection moulding, laser cutting and sheet metal bending.
- Test Rig Design - Design of test rigs, test pieces and experiments for cutting edge research, primarily in the area of microfluidics.
- Rapid Prototyping - hands-on skills for prototyping including 3D printing and laser cutting.
- Project Management - Coordination of local and overseas resources, team lead on multiple projects and client liaison.
- Technical Research - Thorough exploration and synthesis of information to create reports detailing the 'state of the art'.
- Technical Writing and Presentation Skills - Expert-level experience with entire Microsoft Suite and most of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere)
More detail can be found in my portfolio, or you can contact me to request a CV.